Friday, March 21, 2014

Book #1 of 2014

My reading drought has come to an end. I finally finished a book. Honestly, it's a book that Greg and I started reading in NOVEMBER to and from church and my parents house on the weekends which is at least a 40 minute drive. We finished mid-February. It took us forever, but who cares! He drives. I read. It's awesome. We LOVE it.

http://www.amazon.com/Condoleezza-Rice-Memoir-Extraordinary-Ordinary-ebook/dp/B003F3PK40/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395459508&sr=1-2&keywords=condeleeza+rice
 

No matter if you are a blue or red, you will love learning about Condoleezza's life. She is truly an incredible woman. As Greg and I read, we took notes on parenting! HA! We can wish right? What self confidence and problem solving skills her parents instilled in her!! I loved her mom's response when she wanted to quit piano - "You're not good enough to quit!" When she took the SAT's, she didn't score very well and her advisor said she should try junior college. Her confident self chuckled and walked out. She knew a test didn't define her. Her parents taught her to aim high and expected nothing but the best from her! 
 
I want to be like her when I grow up!!
 
If you're interested in memoirs, THIS ONE IS ONE TO READ! We give it two thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment