Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2014 – The Year of the Great Finish

When I moved into Greg’s house, which is now OUR house, I noticed a pattern I found quite disconcerting while I unpacked all my stuff. I noticed over and over that my choice in crafts is pretty stinken' AWESOME. Well – of course – that is a biased opinion, but what I find appalling is not my skill or my choice of craft, but my inability to follow through to the FINISH! Of course, once it was put away, I ignored it. But a new start is on my mind…And you can’t really start NEW with all this unfinished business!!

Do you want to know how bad the problem is?
Back in November, I had a lousy garage sale (everyone said my stuff was cool, but no one wanted to buy…they were looking for electronics. But that’s another story). And going through my stuff deciding what I was going to keep, sell, or throw away…I found THE CUTEST little outfit that I started to make for my friend Susanne’s baby. Do you want to know how old her baby is now? She’s a FIRST GRADER!! This first grader also has a baby brother and baby sister (twins)!!

I also came across a Christmas stocking that I promised my missionary friend that I’d make for him. He picked it out and I bought the kit to make it. I started. Didn't finish. He was ten at the time. He’s going on THIRTEEN folks. He’s going to be 13 this year!!!
It’s insane!! RIDICULOUS!!

I’m even having trouble READING a book to the END!! Me the bookworm. The I never go to bed without reading a chapter from a book and the OMG I'm talking about the characters like their my BFF's at the dinner table. I haven't been able to read ANY book through to the finish.
Even this blog I was going to keep updated is unfinished! HA!
My new year’s resolution…I’ve decided (mid-January)…is to FOCUS! Focus on ONE project until I finish, rather than going to Hobby Lobby to spend more money on crafts that will more than likely go unfinished.

What’s ironic is that I like finality. I do. See…

Granted that was 2011, but still. I really truly to the core like finality. It gives closure. It's a proud "I did it!" and a bittersweet "Aw it's finished...I can't believe it!" An opportunity for a deep fresh breath. A chance to start something NEW! 

So CHEERS to the Finish Line! CHEERS to really awesome projects!! Cheers to memorable gifts!! CHEERS to NEW THINGS TOO! CHEERS to the BLOG that will chronicle the progress!!

****************
And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true."   -Revelation 21:5

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment